Carbon components assembling and care advices
- Use water or smooth detergents only to clean your carbon components. Do NOT utilize solvents!
- Seal, after cleaning and generally regular, carbon surfaces with hard wax to avoid corrosion. Especially spots with metal parts (braze, seatpost clamping, bottom bracket) need detailed care.
- Carbon components are not allowed to be greased at the clamping area! This would increase the required torque for a nonslip clamping. Carbonfibres can be damaged by to much torque. Please use friction-enhancing fitting lubricant (for example Dynamic).
- Forks with carbon shaft are not allowed to be driven in with commercially available Ahead Star Fangled Nut. Pleas use the designated expander. Stems with post clamp are inappropriate as well, because the pressure is not spread extensively. We recommend friction-enhancing fitting lubricant for the stem clamp area to keep the advisable torque as low as possible.
- Look to it that the carbon seatpost is accurate reamed. Salient aluminium chips can already damage the seatpost while assembling.
- Assembling barends to your carbon handlebar is only advisably if the manufacturer has strengthened the handlebar ends. Please use the intended handlebar plugs only. If you are not sure, if your handlebar is barend approved, please ask the manufacturer or visit their homepage.