Thanks to variable forks with adjustable suspension travel, platform shocks and a well-balanced geometry, fully suspended all mountain bikes can be used in a variety of settings. You're effectively getting one mountain bike for almost any kind of use!
With a fully extended fork, it's a proper touring bike that will master rough surfaces thanks to a functionally minded selection of durable components. At about 68-69°, the headtube angle improves maneuverability on difficult trails, giving you a smooth and balanced ride.
As soon as you reduce fork travel, the suspension will tighten up and your steeper head tube angle grows steeper, making your bike more agile.
By adjusting your rear shock platform to setting 2 or 3, you'll transform your touring bike to a marathon bike in a matter of seconds!
As you can see, the range of different uses for an all mountain bike extends from tours and trails to alpine cross and marathons.
- Rear shock travel: 125-150mm
- Suspension fork travel: variable, ca. 150-120mm
- Big disc brake rotors front & rear, from 180 mm
- Well-arranged cockpit with riser bar
- Stable components
- All-round geometry: moderate racy top tube length and variable head tube angle, depending on fork setup